Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Nomar Injury

A great win, but a dissapointing way to get there. The Cubs won 3-1 tonight on the strenght of Carlos Zambrano. This game will be remembered though for the Nomar Garciaparra injury. Nomar's second time to the plate he grounded sharply to second base. Not wanting to ground into a double play and making the slump worse, it looked like he really tried to push out of the box. Unfortunately with the soft infield, I think his spike kind of caught and he tore his adductor muscles. It didn't look very good at all if you looked at the left groin as they carried him off of the field. I would expect that he will be out until July, early June at the earliest. Muscle tears usually take 6 weeks to 3 months to heal all the way. Transaction wise: I would expect him to go to the DL and the Cubs should bring up Ben Grieve for a desperate left handed hitter off the bench. I have totally forgotten that Mike Fontenot is on the team right now. And my only Dusty bickering tonight, was the decision not to pinch hit DuBois for Hollandsworth in the 8th and the bases loaded after bringing King in. You think if the roles were switched, Hollandsworth would be pinch-hitting? Hell yes, I do and that is my number one problem with Dusty Baker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home