Sunday, April 17, 2005

Cubs 4- Pirates 2

So after some questionable decision making by Baker the first two nights of the series, the Cubs were able to pull off another victory this afternoon. Both Hollandworth and Burnitz played against the left-handed Mark Redman, while Jason DuBois sat on the bench again (sigh). All Jason did Friday was hit a homer off a pitcher considered one of the best left handers in the National League. I have a feeling that season is just going to be the last two. We, as fans, are never going to be confident going into the last few innings of a game. I have new theory on Hawkins. In Minnesota, after he was demoted from closer he was a set up guy, and a premiere one at that. I don't have the stats, but I'm sure he pitched on many more occasions than when he was the closer. I really feel that he needs to get work in about half of the Cub games this year to be effective and that means Dusty that he comes in non- save situations. He pitched much better this afternoon than last night in my opinion. He also didn't get the pleasure of Macias standing out in left field bobbling balls either. 4 big games coming up this week. I hope they can split them. And if they win both against the Cardinals, even better. By the way, I don't like Edmonds. I thought the off-season would give me sometime. But his face always comes up when I turn on MVP Baseball. And the catch he made today, although great, didn't need the extra dive on the end. Go Cubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home