Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Lots of Updates

Prior's Injury
Mark Prior has been diagnosed with ulnar neuritis around his elbow. My reaction: big deal. The ulnar nerve is what normal people call the "funny bone." It can flare up if you run a machine that vibrates a lot, like a jackhammer. It also flares up if you sleep with your hands up by your shoulders all night like you are going to punch somebody. That position stretches the nerve to its furthest extent. Prior will take anti-inflammatories and will wait until it goes down. It's no big deal in my opinion, and I don't think it's as serious as a lot of people make it out to be. It may simply be a reaction from all of the extra work he's been doing with the start of camp.

MU
I was one of the individuals at the empty BC Monday night. I'll post more later, but definately a disspointing way to end the season.

My NCAA Bracket
I would love to get all of the prognosticators predictions and see how they actually all end up. Look people, it's throwing dice out there. Pick Nike schools to make it to the Final Four and pick 1 seeds to win in the first round, otherwise who knows what happens. It's so dumb for experts to predict what is going to happen with some authority. With that said, here's my Final Four.

1. Champion- Duke. Everybody doesn't pick them because of lack of depth, but they have all of the other intangibles. They have guards, they have big guys and they have experience, from going last year. They won the ACC tournament. They didn't beat anybody over a 4 or 5 seed (I can't remember what GT was), but I think they will fly under the radar into the Final Four.

2. Championship Game- Oklahoma St. That's right no Illinois. Oklahoma St. returns basically the same roster, from a Final Four team that knocked off a 1 seed in the Elite Eight near the Number 1 seed's home court (St. Joe's in the Meadowlands). I think they can do it again. Illinois will have a home court advantage in Chicago, but Oklahoma St. took Kansas to the wire at Kansas. You have to have some guts to take this one, and I am.

3. Final Four #1- Wake Forest. I don't like Washington. Did they win their first round game last year? I can't remember, they were out in the second round either way. I don't like non-experienced teams, if you can tell. My alma mater went to the Final Four two years ago, however they had a 5th year senior and an NBA all-star. Washington has neither. Somebody said beware of Wake because they rely on their point guard too much. Wake also has Downey, Gray, and Eric Williams. I dislike Chris Paul for many reasons (another post), but I think he will carry them to St. Louis.

4. Final Four #2- North Carolina. They are the most talented team in this tournament. Their best players are juniors and they have great inside/outside game with a good bench. I didn't pick them to beat Duke, because Duke had them on the ropes at North Carolina. Granted McCants didn't play, but I'll take the Blue Devils in the Final Four. I dislike North Carolina more and more every year, which is a surprise to my family and high school friends who saw me in my NC starter jacket for about 4 years. Ever since they took it to MU my freshmen year and have gotten more and more arrogant, I've just disliked them.

There you have it. Once again, I'll be lucky to get 2 in. It's one and done, not a seven game series, so you never know what will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home