Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Lots of Stuff

Diener
It was dissapointing to hear the news of Travis's injury today. The saddest part for me is the fact that he will not be around to play his final games as a Senior, and won't even get to play on Senior Day. I don't really have much else to say. I was never a huge Diener fan, and I'm a little excited to see how the team will do without him. I know they were awful in the debacle in Louisville and struggled to beat SLU, but I think a lot of players have improved since then, like Chapman and Townsend, and even Novak. So we will see what happens, although I'm still predicting about an 11 point loss.

Bulls Game
I got to go to the Bulls Heat game last night in Chicago and I was treated to a classic. Shaq was knocked out early, so I figured Wade would take over and he never really did. He had a great game 21 points 10 assists and 6 rebounds. I was kind of dissapointed in his play, until I realized that the Bulls were one of the best defensive teams in the league. I am a Bulls believer now. The place was rocking last night and Ben Gordon is just so clutch, it borders on absurdity. I think I'll try to see them when they come to Milwaukee in a couple of weeks.

Cubs
It was good to see Sosa show up to work a day early, something he never did in Chicago. I recommend anybody read the article in ESPN the Magazine this week about Sosa by Gene Wojciechowski. I don't know if he is a Cubs fan or not, but he definately stuck it to Sosa and blamed him for all of the negative publicity that he got. Oh well. Everybody keeps telling me they have good feelings about the season. I feel like I did before '03, comfortable with a wait and see approach. That is a lot better than last season's high expectations by me that resulted in real dissapointment. And it's also good to see #23 being retired. My biggest Cubs wish this offseason would probably be for Santo to be annoucned into the Hall of Fame, next Wednesday. I really hope it happens and would set a real positive to tone to the start of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home