Friday, February 18, 2005

The Day After

I don't have much to say, even though I think I should have a ton to talk about. This one of the most dissapointing losses in my MU history (5 years). It would have been more dissapointing if we were actually really good and had a chance to do things, like '03. I can't pinpoint exactly what went wrong either. MU had a lot of bad luck, when Diener missed two "no-footers" as Homer likes to call them and Louisville had 3 of their 4 infamous free-throws bounce around the rim and back in. Garcia's 3 just topped everything off as he was way far out. Garcia, by the way, was very unclassy at the end of the game. I didn't really feel like the crowd was on him more than any other player. It wasn't like he had a spectacular game. The possession before the made 3, he fumbled the ball away after Townsend had fallen over in front of him. Whatever happened to players just playing above their norm against another team and not scream about it. Wade has taken it to Arenas twice this season in the NBA, but we don't hear on SportsCenter how Dwyane trash-talked the whole night. Either way, I'll be there Sunday against DePaul.

Oh and to the students, don't boo your own players. 90% of you couldn't even name an opposing player on Louisville's team last night. Idiots.

3 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger TB said...

which players were the students booing?

that's just nuts

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

They were booing number 33. After he kept a ball alive and Amo hit a 3 in the first half, I yelled, "Take that, Grimm haters." Then I got into a huge argument with the girl in front of me, whose basic argument was her friend is a manager and he even thinks she sucks. I told her she must have not been at the Wisconsin game and that booing your classmate was like booing your 4-year old playing little kids soccer. We should support the team whether they "suck" or not.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right Kyle. You shouldn't boo your own player. Unless that player is/was ODB, he was an ass. Don't hate on Grimm. He may be as dumb as a rock, but he would hold the door open for me all the time at Johnston Hall - and politeness counts for something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home