Saturday, February 05, 2005

Diener's Back

Although not starting, Travis Diener returned for Marquette today and helped them win 81-72. Marquette did not play that great, but still manged to pull away at the end and win. Todd Townsend, Ryan Amaroso, and Steve Novak all good games to complement Diener. Joe Chapman also played after not practicing yesterday. I think it's time that Crean goes to an 8- man rotation if Diener and Chapman stay healthy. Diener, Chapman, Mason, Townsend, Novak, Jackson, Amaroso, and the rest could be split between Grimm, Kinsella to Barro. A couple of stupid things that I notice: At one point, Southern Miss had numbers 00,1, 2, 3, 4 on the floor. I don't think I will ever see that again. Right after that #5 came, but for number 3. As I was running dowtown today before the game, I watched as the BC officials take down the barricades at about 10 AM. Things have changed a ton in two years, when you couldn't sit down stairs if you didn't get there about an hour and a half before the game.

Overall, a nice win today, and hopefully the momentum will carry into two more victories this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home