Thursday, February 03, 2005

Burnitz

I was dissapointed to see Burnitz as the Cubs replacement for Sosa for 2005. Burnitz was always a guy that when he came up, Steve Stone would say, "Another one out of the zone and that will get him," or "that's what he's always been during his career. I'm still excited for this Cubs season and see what this "team" can do. I remember a game in Milwaukee against the Cubs in 2001 when Miller Park first opened. Jeromy hit a HR that went out of Miller Park, one of 3 HR's that day. The ball hit a beam in right center field and bounced out. It was much farther than that one that Branyan hit against Maddux last season that people claim as being the longest. The real key to the outfield however is whether DuBois gets his at bats and doesn't sit on the bench as Dusty likes to put rookies and new players. So we shall see, but I'm excited for the Cubs season and I can't wait for it start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home