Monday, April 04, 2005

Cubs 16- Arizona 6

What a way to start the season. 23 hits. It seriously looked like batting practice for much of the game today for the Cubs. I hope this is how well Javier Vasquez piches all year and the Cubs were on fire, but I don't think that's the case. Lee (my favorite Cub) was 4-6 with a single, 2 2Bs, a HR and SIX RBIs. The game was fun to watch unlike last year a lot of the time. Zambrano got thrown out, but after he was taken out of the game. A lot of guys on Cub Reporter thought they were squeezing the corners on Z. Barrett even said that his ball was moving so much, he couldn't keep track of it. So even that's a positive. I would really like to take 2 out of 3 from these guys before they head home for the home opener and the return of Interstate 94 on Sunday. Go Cubs GO!

Championship Game
I don't have much to say on this one. I think the basketball gods got pissed at Illinois because Bruce Webber was wearing an ugly jacket and because they threw up too many 3-pointers. As I told my roommate though, I was rooting for West Virginia when they were throwing up all of their 3's but at least they were open. But the Illinois loss makes me feel good. Crean can go into Chicago and still say that MU has won a National Championship (granted it was 1977). Illinois has not. And if another Illinois fan comes up to me at the NCAA tournament and asks me where Marquette is (happened to me in Indy in 2003)? I can simply say our national championship banner hangs in the Bradley Center on 4th St. in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home