Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Wisdom of Billy Packer

I didn't watch a lot of the games tonight. I missed part of the first one, because I was watching the end of the Cubs game. I didn't see a lot of the second half of the second game because I was watching the second part of the Amazing Race I missed on Tuesday. Best Amazing Race ever, by the way. Anyway, I got 4 pearls of wisdom from Billy tonight.

1. "Ellis Myles has never faced a post who can shoot like Jack Ingram. " Except for Kevin Pittsnogle last week, who played for West Virgnia. Another reason to hate U of I, is this dude who had 9 points against us in 2002, when he played Tulsa. The exact Journal Sentinel quote is this: "Jack Ingram, a 6-foot-10 Tulsa reserve center, hit a few long shots that no one could have expected in the second half."

2. Crap, I can't think of the second one.

By the way, this game should have been titled "Worst Uniform Game of All Time." Illinois Orange is just plain ugly and the Louisville black is made even worse by the fact the trim on the sides of the jerseys and shorts don't match.

3. "Matt Trannon has shot better free throws in the second half of the year, because he has basketball muscles instead of football muscles." As a future physical therapist, I take offense of this misuse of anatomy/physiology/biomechanics. In fact, as a Wide Receiver you need probably the same amount of flexibility as a basketball player, especially in the arm musculature. A better thing to say would have been, "Trannon has spent all fall playing football and has not been shooting. He is finally regaining his shooting touch."

2. I remember the second one. In referring to the West Virginia- Wake Forest game, "that game lasted until about 1 o' clock in the morning." I remember that game lasting until about 10:30, 11:30 on the west coast, an hour and a half until 1 in Cleveland. You aren't a comedian, don't exaggerate.

4. At the end of the UNC-MSU game, he talked about UNC put in TWO guards to handle the ball. Most teams play TWO guards the entire game. I hope he miss spoke and meant point guard. So I'll cut him slack on that one.

As for the game Monday, I think Illinois will win. But since I don't really like them, I hope North Carolina wins. Although it would be funny to see Roy Williams lose again. Remember Roy turned down NC once when Doherty was hired and then took over after Doherty was fired. Doherty was a former assistant. Never made any sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home