Thursday, March 31, 2005

Cubs/ Final Four

Cubs
The season is almost here and I'm getting excited. It would be nice to have Prior healthy but he will be back really soon. I spoke with a sports bio-mechanist/ PT this week who explained his theory on Prior's problems. If you look at Prior, he has a lot of calf musculature but little in the thighs or the butt. Everybody thinks he is a strong leg pitcher because of his calves but actually he's a lot more of an arm pitcher. His mechanics changed with his Achilles injury which caused the elbow problem last summer. He never really found his release point until the end of the season, to which he was very good. Hopefully, he has solved the mechanics issues and is ready to go for another season. I'll post some predictions this weekend.

Final Four
Well I predicted 1 out of the 4 from the Sweet 16 which isn't real good. For this week, I'll take Illinois over Louisville in the first game. Pitino was outcoached in the Elite 8 game and was lucky West Virginia didn't pull away to start the second half. I have no clue why he stayed in the zone the whole first half and let WV fire wide open 3s. He has better athletes, make them play man to man and get out and guard people, like you do against MU. Speaking of zones, hey Roy Williams thought up a brilliant scheme against Wisconsin, another zone that allowed UW-Madison to scored 82 points. Sometimes I think coaches outthink themselves. Keep it simple with college players. That's why I'll take Michigan State in the other semi-final. For the record, Michigan State let up 88 points to a more up and down Kentucky team in Double OT. I'll take the defense and Michigan State. For the championship, I'll take Illinois over Michigan State. I dislike all of the Illinois residents here at MU cheering on them. We compete for recruits, I want them to fail, just like UW-Madison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home