Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mason

First off, an apology to Dusty Baker. Rusch was injured last night and that's why he didn't come back in the 8th. While I didn't agree with everything he said in the article (the Cardinal games not being big this week?), I do agree with keeping him out and letting him rest, especially after the 34 pitches on Saturday.

As for the Mason transfer, I've known about it for a long time. I think the first time it was posted on Ahoya was after the Louisville game. As many have said on the boards tonight, transfers are a 2 way street and I really feel that the street needs to be looking at the coaching staff. The coaches cannot let their relationships with players deteroiate so much, that a 2 year starter is looking to transfer. I have no idea why Mason transferred and he has every right not to let anybody know about it, so I won't speculate on it. Although if you know me, I have some pretty strong opinions on why he is. We absolutely have to improve on this transfer rate. I remember with many transfers, it was who cares, we have so and so coming in to play his spot. Have any of those players really panned out? Bradley was recruited with (Blankson, Howard, and Menard). We have gotten younger again, and that will be our downfall again this year. I hope we can turn it around and count me in the group letting Crean take the time he needs.

One last thing. As many people liked to rip on a certain senior last year, who vastly improved by the end of the season, many others reminded people of his 3 3-pointers that helped beat Wisconsin his sophomore year. Here's to Dameon Mason and his last second shot in the greatest game in my 5 years at MU. He made all of us proud, especially Scott Merritt for making his bold "prediction" come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home