Sunday, April 24, 2005

Cubs 5- Pirates 2

The Cubs put a nice victory together today to split the 2 game series with the Pirates. No real complaints about the game from me. Oh wait, I do have one. Kerry Wood laid a nice fastball in the 2nd to the 8th hitter with 2 outs. With the pitcher coming up and first base open, I would expect that the ball wouldn't come anywhere near the plate, but it did and Sanchez knocked the only 2 Pirate runs. Great job again by the bullpen in relief, especially Mike Wuertz. Put me on the Wuertz for closer for bandwagon. As for Wood, I wouldn't expect too much to come from his problem today. He said he felt some tightness. It was obviously cold in Chicago. He probably didn't get warmed up enough and that same shoulder kind of tightened up. I would be concerned if he was scratched from the start, but he wasn't. His next start should come Friday in Houston where it will be much warmer. This one doesn't really concern me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home