Saturday, June 25, 2005

Finally a Marquette update

I went to Indy tonight and watched Indiana smoke Kentucky again. Dominic James is for real. Here's what I posted on Rivals.

If you haven't heard it before, James is terrific. He would have started this season with Diener in the backcourt. I don't like Wade comparisons either, but his one-on-one skills are like Wade's and I think he could have taken anybody to the hole on Kentucky's team. That's something we were really missing last year. What else? Oh yeah, he dunked over a "seven-footer" from Kentucky. The guy was listed at seven-one but he didn't look as big as Zeller (6'11"). He put on a dunking exhibition in warm-ups, trying twice to throw it up and put in between legs before dunking. That kind of reminds me of Nate Robinson, although Robinson is shorter. A good defender for Marquette. He's always active and always trying to steal something from the weak side.

The only problem I saw was the free throw shooting. He was 0-5 tonight. He kind of pauses as he comes up to the top, instead of going all in one motion towards the rim. The MVP was Zeller but I think 90% in attendance would have picked James.

I'll add tommorrow if I think of anything else. Otherwise, Go Cubs and Go Mark Prior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home