Saturday, June 11, 2005

World Series What?

Some Boston fan was in the crowd with a "clever" sign that simply said "1908." Appartently that was just a juvenile attempt to feel better about his team as the Cubs won again today 7-6. The sign was also on an 8.5*11 sheet of paper that he picked up in the office of the downtown hotel he stayed at. And yet Fox kept showing this guy. Hollandsworth had another great game, going 3 for 4. In his AB without a hit, he drove a run in. I like to ride what's hot, so keep playing Hollandworth of Dubois. As seen by posts below, I'm a huge Dubois supporter, but he hasn't picked it up since Holly got benched.

I haven't wanted to sweep a team not named St. Louis as much as I want to the beat the Red Sox tommorrow. This whole offseason was devoted to Red Sox nation, and how they are somehow connected to the Cubs, because they both hadn't won a World Series in a long time. The White Sox had a longer drought than the Red Sox by a year anyway. I don't like the fact that the Red Sox fans now have pity for some reason on Cubs fans. I just don't like being connected with Boston at all. Chicago and Boston are two different cities with different fan bases, so let's just keep it that way.

Injury Update: Oh Carlos Zambrano. All over Chicago they were worrying about this injury on the radio shows. I know, I listened during my 3.5 mile rollerblade trip. I'm that much of a nerd. I wouldn't be too worried about this injury. It's not on his pushoff foot, so that helps. I was interested on the diagnosis of "turf toe." Turf toe, I thought was associated with the adductor ligament on the 1st digit. I guess it could be stressed by a severe flexion injury, I'm not for sure. But I would bet he would be back for his next start, especially since it shouldn't be until Friday in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home