Monday, June 06, 2005

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

A dissapointment on two ends tonight. First the Cubs. I didn't get to see that much of the game, but I saw the lineup and that was pretty much enough for me. Hairston led off and played CF, where he manged to drop a fly ball that he took a bad break on. Arizona Phil has implored all season that Hairston is a liability in CF, and Dusty sticks him out there. And the great Jose Macias starts at 2B and bats eighth. This makes no sense. If you are going to stick him in the 8 hole, is it that big of a difference that he plays or Walker plays? The 8th spot in the National League is not a big run producing spot, so just stick Walker out there against the LH. Oh by the way, since May 22nd Macias was 0-4 in that span, so Dusty gives him that at bats tonight. Don't mess with good things, stick with Macias on the bench please. Another thing that upset me was that this game is the most important of the series. If anything, the starters should have been given a rest tommorrow, with the off day Thursday. You need to win the first game back after a long road trip in my opinion, just dumb to bring that lineup out. I'm totally forgetting that you need your good offense the days that your pitchers aren't as good, although Koronka was okay tonight.

The Heat lost, I hate Detroit, that's about it. Dwyane gutted it out, and I think they will be the favorites next year for the NBA title. Dwyane needs to stay more healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home