Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Brewers 9- Cubs 4

Probably Zambrano's worst performance in a couple of years, so let's just put that in the back pocket and shoot for a win on getaway day.

Tonight Corey Patterson batted lead-off, voluntarily according to Dusty (according to Len and Bob) and Cubs.com. He started off his lead off experience by going 0-5, with 2 strikeouts and 4 LOB. His OBP this season is .290 with a career OBP of .301. This is not a lead off hitter. I like Corey. I think he plays hard defensively which is where I generally judge baseball players. He needs to develop patience which many have been saying for years. I like that he came to Dusty and told him that he wanted to bat lead-off to get out of whatever funk he was in. Fact is, the league leader in swinging at the first pitch does not belong in the lead-off spot in front of All-World Derrek Lee and and a pretty good hitter in Rami (as my sister likes to call him). I longer how long this experience will last. Grrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home