Sunday, June 19, 2005

Yankees 6- Cubs 3

Just a terrible series overall for the Cubs. Really, none of the breaks went their way and I was glad to get of there. Now they have to go another House of Horrors (the 2004 and 2005) in Milwaukee the next two days. Mike Riley the umpire was first and I was glad Brenly called him out on it during the game. Hopefully the Neifi! experiment is coming to a close with Nomar coming back (I can only hope), because I hang the L today solely on Neifi!. He had the error that led to the unearned run. He also should have made a play on a ball that allowed two more to score. He also grounded into a double play with the bases loaded. That also might be a record. Two times Neifi has come up with the bases loaded beyond the seventh inning this season and both times that I remember, he has grounded into a 1-2-3 double play. The other was May 11th against the Mets in then 9th inning, when the Cubs needed a run to win. Ugghhhhhh, anyway tommorrow they go back to Milwaukee without me for once, so maybe they can win a game or two.

Go Cubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home