Monday, June 20, 2005

Cubs 5- Milwaukee 4

All right a win. I admit it, I turned over a couple of times to see the Good Guys win the Inferno II, but I got to see most of this victory.

Highlight of the Game: In the 7th inning, Corey Patterson singled on a pitch outside that he sent to left field for a hit. Patterson tried to steal second base as Derrek Lee singled to CF. Patterson went around second base and headed to third as Brady Clark bobbled the ball. Patterson continued around third and scored easily as Lee moved to second. I firmly believe that Patterson's speed had something to do with Clark bobbling that ball in centerfield. As Ron said on the radio tonight, Patterson has such acceleration that if he ever got on base he would be such a bigger asset to the team. The Cubs try to take another from Milwaukee tommorrow night with the debut of Jerome Williams.

Injury Update: New rumors are that Prior will pitch one more simulated game and start Sunday versus the White Sox. This would come as a huge surprise to me, but if he can go and he is new pain free, I'm all for it. This would be huge if Prior would be able to come back this soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home