Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Trifecta

After Marquette knocked off Pittsburgh, my old roommate called and wondered if he could pull of the trifecta today. Arsenal had already beaten Manchester United; Marquette beat Pittsburgh in OT; and the Bears were on their way to finishing off the Saints. And it all happened unbeleivably.

I missed most of the 3rd quarter of the Bears game watching the last 5 minutes and the OT of the Marquette game. After MU lost to Syracuse a couple of weeks ago, I was very unhappy by the lack of progress, especially in attacking the zone and the free throw shooting. They have started to shoot 3 pointers better. That has allowed teams to throw different looks and have allowed the trifecta to get to the basket. For some reason, I do not know why teams do not just stand in a zone and force MU to make everything from the outside. UConn played man to man, both Louisville and West Virginia played attacking zones, and Pittsburgh was playing a mix today. As MU plays less athletic teams, I'm assuming they will see more zone and less man to man. I think the next couple of games will be just as hard as the last few were. I thought they would be 4-2 at this point, and they are 4-2, so congratulations to Coach Crean.

The Bears played well today after Reggie Bush taunted them on his way to the endzone, making it 16-14. After that play, the Saints did not score a point the rest of the game and the Bears scored 23. I did not want to see the Colts in the Super Bowl. The Patriots were a team that the Bears should have beaten in November. I'm thinking of Manning picking apart the Bears secondary on their way to a 35-17 victory at this point. I do want the Bears to win to shut up all of my friends from Northwest Indiana who are Colts fans. Move to Bloomington or Indy and become a Colts fan. That's crappy. I moved to Milwaukee and didn't become a Packer fan, thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home