Thursday, December 07, 2006

Give it to Jim

Jim Hendry signed a starting pitcher just before he got an angioplasty. Cub fans should not be poking fun at this guy for a long time. He has delivered a bunch of talent while batteling a heart ailment. I haven't commented on any of the Cubs offseason moves, so I will start with Ted Lily. The Cubs paid a lot for Lily, but the contract is backloaded so more will be paid in the future when his salary might be in line with his previous production. I don't know if I should be happy or dissapointed that they outbid the Yankees for him. I'm happy because the Cubs put together a better package than the mighty Yankees. I'm dissapointed that the Cubs were competing with the Yankees seeing the pitchers the Yankees have gone after the past couple of years (Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown). What the Cubs have proved is that this offseason they were willing to overspend to get players that they wanted. They should be given some recognition for doing something different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home