Friday, October 06, 2006

Assuming Dusty joins the unemployment line, what do you want out of the next Cubs manger in terms of personality and qualities. Is there an individual

Question #2

The Cub Reporter. Assuming Dusty joins the unemployment line, what do you want out of the next Cubs manger in terms of personality and qualities. Is there an individual you have in mind?

I would like a manager that can manager both the team and the players. I think that a good manager can be an excellent motivator but at the same time sacrfice his players for the team. I want a manager that makes good lineup decisions (no Bynum or Perez batting second or first). I want a manger who "tells it like it is." Blames himself before anybody else, but is not afraid to let the team know that they are not playing up to their expectations. I do not expect the manager to call out a player publicly, but privately, I hope they do.

I think Joe Girardi is the best person for this position. Macdonough is right, the Cubs need someone that's been with the organization before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home