Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Here We Go Again

The Cubs pretty lousy loss tonight was overshadowed by another early exit from Kerry Wood. It set the Cubs blogging world in a frenzy. Let's see what happens. People really don't know what's going on, so let's just settle down. Here was my opinion on Cub Reporter.


Listen, before everybody jumps to conclusions about being out for months and all of that.
Here's why I don't think it's serious:1. It's stiffness, not irritation. In my opinion stiffness indicates tightness, irritation indicates pain.
2. He faced at least two batters, AFTER the trainer came out to look at him.
Here's what I think happened: Somewhere in the game Kerry told Rothchild that his arm felt tight tonight. If you watched the game, he was all over the strike zone. After the home run to Griffey, they came out and talked to him to see how he was doing. At this point, it's already 3-0, he's thrown 66 pitches after being taken out with 75 the week before. I know you're trying not to lose games, but this game might already be out of hand (I know, it's 3-0), but all of the factors added together might point to bringing Wood out of the game.
Just my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home