Saturday, October 22, 2005

It's been a long time

So I've been stuck the last ten days studying going to Chicago for job fairs or coming back to Valparaiso for fall break. My take on the White Sox: blah. I did watch most of Game 1 tonight. It was good baseball and was definately nice to hear some real baseball fans. I've always had this theory that an underdog or a team that hasn't been there before has a different kind of sound from their fans. I could say it's more masculine, but I think that's stereotyping too far. Anyway, good for the White Sox, but I don't really care what happens from here on out.

Question #7 (Cub Reporter)
How about three things that went right, besides Lee’s breakout?

1. Dempster- He provided a much needed back of the bullpen stopper that helped the other pitchers feel comfortable in tight games.

2. Murton- I liked how when he got the at-bats, not too many at first and made the most of them. He was terrfic in August and September and hopefully earned himself a starting spot next year.

3. The other bullpen guys- I liked Wuertz, Ohman, and Novoa in the other bullpen spots. As you can currently see with the White Sox, they patched together their stellar bullpen with journeymen (Polite, Cotts, Hermanson, and in my opinion Jenks). Bullpens are crap shoots and these three guys are solid bases in front of Dempster next year hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home