Sunday, October 02, 2005

Season Over

There hasn't been to write about the last couple of weeks, and I have been busy with the start of tests and stuff and beer. The Cubs 2005 season is over and unfortunately it ended dissapointingly. There will be a ton to think about this off season, so I'll wait before I comment on anything. So I'll stick to one of my other passions: The Amazing Race.

The Amazing Race, this season, has gone to 10 families. We'll see how this plays out. I don't know how the show will turn out entertainment wise, but I'm going to tell you what I think about the teams anyway. Ok, here we go. In Week 1, the Black family was unable to complete their water house in time and they were eliminated. On a side note, the Detour last week was ridiculous in terms of time and effort. I hope CBS does a better job of that. I don't think the Gaghan family has what it takes either. Little kids are little kids, what happens when they come to a Roadblock? In the end, they will be beaten on a task like the Black family was last week. The Schroeder family has already been annoited as the evil team that comes through every year. The evil team always loses, so they are out. The Weavers are intriguing, but the sentimental team usually doesn't win either. I see that trend continuing this time. The Paolos fight way too much. You have to have some chemistry. The Godlewskis won't win either, too many women. I'm not trying to be offensive, many of my female friends agreed with me. You have to have a male influence at some point to settle things down. There is a reason the males won "Battle of the Sexes" twice. I just don't see them winning.

That was teams that I don't think will win. Here are the ones I think have a chance. The Aiello family are a good team but they lack a female. There will be one event where that will come in handy. I still think they have a chance. I didn't see much of the Rogers family, but I think they could be pretty good, a good family. The Linz family could also be very good. Many people think that the one girl with 3 guys would be troublesome. Normally, I think this would be, however they are siblings. By the time, you reach the age of 18, you have dealt with every little battle with your siblings and you can get along with each other. Plus, they are young, a definite plus to the two teams above. Then there is the wildcard, the Bransens. The father was actually a former roommate of mine's little league coach. I don't see a father not sacrificing everything for his 3 daughters, so expect them to do well.

We'll see how Tuesday goes. Until then, "they still play the blues in Chicago, when baseball season comes around"- Steve Goodman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home