Wednesday, August 24, 2005

California 6- Florida 2

I'm not going to comment about the Cubs game, because I didn't get to see much of it, except for the Kyle Farnsworth performance at the end. I think it's safe to say that Kyle did not kick a fan down the Wrigley tunnel. It's pretty bad when Kyle Farnsworth makes your hitters look pretty bad.

Anyway, my title tonight refers to the Little League World Series game I watched tonight. Here's an article about it. Basically there were bad calls that went against both teams. As a former umpire, that's a horrible situation. Both sides team up against you, the umpire, and you're in the doghouse the rest of the game. But this game turned real ugly. At one point, one coach accused the other team of having an extra player out of the dugout. Please. At another point, one coach accused the other team of "bad sportsmanship." Again, please. I was happy to hear Gary Thorne say, "Well, this game has turned, to well Little League." It was a pretty good statement to describe the constant arguing between the COACHES of both teams. The pitcher for California, I thought was real cocky, but he kept his cool on the mound and I never saw him saw a single word to the umpire. My dad, if we would have watched the game, would have said it reminded him of me when I was younger. And that isn't good. It means that there was a lot of complaining and not enough playing and actually enjoying the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home