Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Astros 12- Cubs 4

It's hard for me to get upset these days, when you find out your best friend of 10 years won't be headed to Iraq anytime soon. So tonight, instead of watching the rest of the 5th inning fiasco, I went out to his place and had a couple of Miller Lites around a fire. It was a much better time than the game.

Kerry Wood as closer? He definately looked good on Sunday against the Cardinals. Here's my position and one of the problems I have had with Dusty. For your bullpen to work, you need defined roles. Ryan Dempster is the closer and if he wants to walk 4 guys in a row, he still has the right to be the closer by his performance this season. Kerry Wood is perfect for the 8th inning for now. In 2006, after he has the shoulder arthroplasty and gets everything cleaned up, he goes back to being the Cubs #3 starter as he goes injury free to the World Series. That's my wish anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home