Thursday, October 06, 2005

Question #4

All signs point to Dusty Baker returning for the final year of his contract in 2006. But what lies ahead for Dusty? Is an extension on the way this off-season? Is he in any danger of losing his job in 2006? Should he be? Any other coaching changes on the horizon? (Cub Reporter)

I'm torn on this. For one thing, I have always kind of believed that if a person is above .500 in their coaching profession, they are succesful. Dusty as a Cub has been over .500, however his decisions are maddening. I don't think an extension is on the way this off-season. There were too many distractions last season, like the interest in the Dodgers job, etc.. I don't think he will be in danger unless the Cubs really suck right out of the gate. As for other coaching changes, I don't pay attention enough to notice things. Speier was better than Kim. I would have liked to seen better progress with the hitters, specifically Patterson. Again, I'm not there on a day to day basis so I don't know if new coaches are needed or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home